During her recent visit to Cyprus, the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen and the President of the Republic of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades met researchers from the KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE).
Researchers demonstrated how their work at KIOS CoE supports the green and digital evolution of critical infrastructure systems, including:
- Intelligent management of power systems and the penetration of renewable energy sources;
- Future water services technologies, such as severe climate, economic and population pressures;
- Intelligent traffic management solutions to address urban mobility challenges such as traffic congestion, pollution and fuel waste;
- New platform to assist national authorities and operators to plan and manage the cities of the future in crisis and emergency situations
The official visit to Cyprus of EC President von der Leyen took place in the context of the EU Recovery and Resilience Mechanism, the Next Generation EU initiative, and the Cyprus National Recovery Plan.
KIOS Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence
The KIOS Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence is the largest research centre in Cyprus in the area of ICT, carrying out cutting-edge research on intelligent critical infrastructure systems such as:
- Electric power systems
- Water networks
- Transportation systems,
- Healthcare systems
The Centre develops intelligent algorithms for making critical infrastructures smarter, more efficient, greener, and more secure in the case of cyberattacks.
Funded by the European Commission’s Teaming action, in collaboration with Imperial College London and an ERC Synergy Grant, the KIOS CoE develops tools and technologies that can have a significant impact on society.
KIOS Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence (Grant Agreement 739551) on CORDIS
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 13 Juli 2021